What is it?
The Freedom Programme Programme is a 12 week support group for women. It is run as a rolling programme which means you can join at any point. The benefits are the same as long as you complete all 12 weeks.
Who is it for?
The Freedom Programme is open to any woman who wishes to learn more about the reality of domestic abuse, whether she is in or has left an abusive relationship, including women who have no plan to leave their partner.
What are its aims?
- To help women to understand the beliefs held by abusive men and in so doing, recognise which of these beliefs they have shared.
- To show the effects of domestic abuse on children
- To help women to recognise potential future abusers
- To help women to gain self esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives
- To introduce women to community resources such as Next Link, the police Domestic Abuse Investigation Teams and Bristol Domestic Abuse Forum
Where is it?
The Freedom Programme is run from several venues across Bristol. All courses are open to women from any area. All programmes are free and have a crèche. For more information, contact the Freedom Programme coordinator on 07990 558593 or email firstname.lastname@example.org